Documentation & Tutorials¶
Documentation for the Python bindings are available through this website or the standard Python help system. The main site contains documentation for the latest development version of RSGISLib (default branch).
RSGISLib Introduction Training¶
We have provided a training course demonstrating the basics of RSGISLib getting you started into using this Python module. Provided with datasets you can download the full package (worksheet, presentation slides, scripts and datasets) from our SourceForge Project Page
JAXA K&C 20 Global Mangrove Watch Workshop¶
This workshop was given at the 20th Kyoto & Carbon (K&C) meeting in Tokyo, Japan in December 2013 as part of the Global Mangrove Watch. It provides an introduction to RSGISLib and other software and demonstrates how they can be used to perform an object based classification of mangroves from L-band SAR data.
The worksheet, scripts and data are available to download from SourceForge
- Worksheet PDF (jaxa_gmw_rsgislib_worksheet.pdf)
- Introduction Presentation PDF (pbunting_dclewley_rsgislib_jaxa.pdf)
- Part 1 Presentation PDF (pbunting_dclewley_rsgislib_jaxa_part1.pdf)
- Part 2 Presentation PDF (pbunting_dclewley_rsgislib_jaxa_part2.pdf)
- Summary Presentation PDF (pbunting_dclewley_rsgislib_jaxa_summary.pdf)
Python Tutorial for Spatial Data Processing¶
We have produced a set of Python notes Python Tutorial for Spatial Data Processing used as part of the MSc course in Remote Sensing and GIS at Aberystwyth University. The notes provide a general introduction to Python, cover image processing with RIOS and segmentation using RSGISLib.